Nov 16 2012

Nathan’s nominations for the 2012 Eddies

Published by under News

Here’s my list of nominations for the 2012 Edublog Awards:

• Best individual blog: The Frugal Filmmaker:  I keep coming back to Scott Eggleston’s blog for his cost saving tips on creating video.  This site is well worth visiting for budding film makers or, in my case, if you are figuring out how to get your class to create a video show.
  • Best group blog: Three Teachers Talk:  Three teachers’ thought provoking posts usually about writing and language arts.
  • Best new blog: Carron-Kemp Crew:  Grade 7/8 blog that makes use of a variety of web tools to display their learning.
  • Best class blog:  The Ins and Outs  This is the way to set up a class blog.  Be sure to dig deeper and check out the students’ individual blog.  Steven Baker has made this blog part of his teaching.  There are a multitude of ideas to incorporate into your own teaching practice.
  • Best ed tech / resource sharing blog:  All Elementary Lots of useful sites, at least for my situation, that are posted on a regular basis.
  • Best teacher blog: Silvia Tolisano Silvia continues to share and reflect on her own learning journey.
  • Best administrator blog: ErHead Erin Paynter “reflects on leading and learning” in her role as vice principal of an elementary school in Ottawa, Canada.
  • Best free web tool:  Jing It’s so easy to take screen shots and video captures and incorporate them into your own website.  I use it often.  Can’t beat the price!
  • Best educational use of a social network: Kidblog.org I’ve used this with my grade 4/5 class this year.  I appreciate how much of the “extra” WordPress stuff has been stripped away so as not to distract my younger bloggers from the task at hand: communicating!
  • Best mobile app: Pinnacle Studio for iPad  What if your video camera allowed you to easily edit your video immediately? You know, without uploading and converting files, or waiting for the software to boot up?  That’s game changing in my book.
  • Lifetime achievement: Doug Peterson I’m in awe of how much this man shares on a daily basis.  Thanks, Doug!

I look forward to seeing more nominations!

No responses yet

Comments RSS